BLOOMS IN THE SPRING


BLOOMS IN THE SPRING 


With Spring green sprouts start to push up above the soil, to take in the 
lovely sunshine, and soak up the refreshing rains.  Bit by bit, 
and little by little, these sprouts become
as beautiful as this picture of Bearded Iris.
How I used to love my Iris.  
Yet all I did was put them in the ground, and 
God did the rest.   He sent the rain.
He faithfully gave the sunshine.
Great 
is thy faithfulness,
There is a song I love that says it this way:  - The chorus is....
O God My Father,
Morning by morning new mercies I see,
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided,
Great is thy faithfulness,
 Lord unto me.   

Great is Thy faithfulness, 
O God, my Father, 
There is no shadow of turning with Thee; 
Thou changest not; Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.

Summer and Winter 
Springtime and Harvest,
Sun, Moon and Stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness,
mercy and love.  

Pardon for sin and 
a peace that endureth;
Thy own dear Presence to cheer
and to guide; 
Strength for today 
and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, 
with ten thousand beside.

Great is Thy faithfulness,
Great is Thy faithfulness,
Morning by morning 
New mercies I see,
All I have needed Thy hand 
hath provided,
Great is Thy faithfulness,
Lord unto me.   


As we reflect on God's faithfulness,
I remember what Jesus said,
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."
John 15.7
Again,  Jesus said, as He talked to the Father,
"And this is life eternal, that they might know
the only true God and Jesus Christ, whom 
thou hast sent."  
John 17.3

At some point an Iris bulb must be planted.
It must be planted in good soil, and given room to grow,
with sunlight and rain to nurture it.

We too must first be planted.
Did you know that a bulb must first D I E before it 
grows to the plant you see?  
Everything that is planted, dies to bring forth fruit.
An onion becomes a seed to bring forth bulblets in its likeness.
A seed potato will do the same.

Springtime is a good reminder not 
only of God's faithfulness to give us the seasons,
but of His faithfulness in giving us Life Eternal,
and the secure hope of life with Him 
in Eternity.
It was Jesus Himself that said:  
"FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD
THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH
IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH
BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. 
John 3.16 

I am not able to plant a garden as I used to do 
in my younger years, but I can plant seeds of kindness
in the garden of God's choosing, and 
whatever happens in my life
and what is my lot
I can trust Him that these seeds will 
bring forth fruit. 

Proverbs 11.30
He that winneth souls is wise. 






Popular posts from this blog

GOD HAS A PATH LAID OUT FOR YOU

BLESSINGS IN MY LIFE

Along Life's Road - here by the Sea