BY FAITH, I WALK ON

WALKING ON 




       Walking by homes and yards, I see the for-get-me-nots in the yards of some.When I lived in another place, I had a large lawn, in which I took these little plants and put them into the grass to naturalize as part of the lawn.  Every Spring they would come up as lively little bright smiles of hope for the future.     
          It has been a year since I last posted.    My revision hip surgery was successful.    The prognosis was that I would possibly be in the Nursing Home for 12 weeks.   I was in the Nursing Home for five weeks.    It amazes me that I am able to do what I can do.   With my walker, I am able to do many long distance things, such as going for a 40 minute walk - sitting and having coffee and soup in a little cafe, and then returning home to my place for another 40 minutes.
And so, I am calling my walker CALEB.    Caleb was, along with Joshua, the only survivor of the original men and women that came out of Egypt with Moses.    Caleb asked Moses for a MOUNTAIN TO POSSESS in his old age -  he was over 80 years.    
          So my walker is CALEB.    In my apartment, and sometimes on other occasions, I simply use my cane.   My hope is that I will be able to continue enjoying W A L K I N G  O N.   It is only by faith I walk, knowing that it has been a gift to me, to be free of bone on bone pain.    Amazing to me.  
         Psalm 56 is my testimony in this regard.    David recognized the value of faith.  
            v.1  Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up: he fighting daily oppresseth me.
            v.2  Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.
            v.3. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
            v. 4. In God will I praise his word,  in God have I put my trust: I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
             v. 5. Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts against me are for evil.
            v.6.   They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.
            v.7.   Shall they escape iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.
             v.8.  Thou tellest my wanderings: put  thou my tears into thy bottle:  are they not in thy book?
             v.9.  When I cry unto thee, then shall my enemies turn back; this I know; for God is for me.   
              v. 10.  In God will I praise His Word; in the LORD will I praise his word.    
             v.11.  In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. 
             v. 12.  Thy vows are upon me, O God;  I will render praises unto thee.
             v. 13.  For thou hast delivered my soul from death: will not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living? 

    I share this psalm knowing that I could have easily been taken home by the Lord when I had this operation.   At 83 the stories of those who had hip surgery were not very optimistic.   Many died a year or so after the surgery even some ten years ago.   However, I was given two young Doctors who were very good at this, and they gave me excellent care as I looked at the prospect.
      So now I am looking at each day with a view to building my BLOGS to give out God's Word and share some of my thoughts as I walk on in faith.  
       My heart belongs to the LORD God whom I know through the Lord Jesus Christ.    He gave us the call to follow Him, and to heed what He said.   I will not be afraid, whatever life, or people, or circumstances will pass to my lot, that He is in my life, and will keep me from falling.   He will help me to do all He asks me to do, and will give me the faith to live for Him and to walk in His ways.
Only through His Word can I find that faith.    It is His Word that will help you too, my friend.    Look into His Word, and trust Him, regardless of what people think, or what people do, or what ailments, or illness you have.   
       When people treat you badly, or life gives you lemons, 
remember this psalm.   David had many enemies.   He was a King, and Kings had to enforce Justice and Right in order to give his people and those under his rule the SAFETY they needed.  
         We live today in troubled times.   Life is very precarious.
Many are finding little comfort in their lot.   God knows every teardrop, and He hears the prayer of those who truly come to Him as sinners in need of a Savior.    To save is to deliver.   To be a Savior is to redeem - to buy back out of the market place a slave that then is set free.   To be saved out of fears, and testings, and hurt, and turmoil is to find deliverance and mercy and safety.  
      Whatever has come into your life has a purpose.  It is all meant to bring us to the place of weakness and helplessness so that we reach up and take the Hand of God that is offered to us.   "For God so loved the world"  Jesus said -  and it was Jesus who said this - that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."   John 3.16.    
     
  May the Lord help you in your need today.    
             I HEAR THE SAVIOR SAY,
                 THY STRENGTH INDEED IS SMALL,
             CHILD OF WEAKNESS, WATCH AND PRAY,
                 FIND IN ME THINE ALL IN ALL.
 Jesus paid it all -  
     All to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain - 
     He washed it white as snow.
  LORD, now indeed I find Thy power, and Thine alone,
   Can cleanse the leper's spots and melt the heart of stone,
     
For nothing good have I whereby Thy grace to claim     
I'll wash my garments white In the blood of Calvary's Lamb.

And when before the throne,  I stand in Him complete,
Jesus died my soul to save, my lips shall still repeat.
 Jesus paid it all -  
     All to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain - 
     He washed it white as snow.

        
Just like the Roses here,  we can bloom where we are planted
The Rose bush must be first planted, then the roses come. 
We need to F E E D  on God's Word, if we are to produce the blooms.    Roses are very particular - needing special care.  God will see to it you have that care as you walk on by faith.   


Once a little chick is hatched - it is fed and nurtured.  It will grow.  So too we must be first B O R N  into God's family.  Make sure you know if you are a child of God.   Read John chapter 3. 
After becoming His Child, we will of surety grow.   God's Word will show you His Word, and as you put it to work in your life by trusting Him, He will abide with you.  John 15.7   
       
         

Popular posts from this blog

GOD HAS A PATH LAID OUT FOR YOU

BLESSINGS IN MY LIFE

Along Life's Road - here by the Sea